Saturday, March 27, 2010

Circus

Please take a moment and read the posting linked below. It is a very moving commentary on what our culture is becoming. I have read many stories like this over the past few years and I fear we have not yet reached bottom.

  • Every time Jerry Springer brings some toothless wonder on TV we get a little lower
  • Every time Oprah exploits someone in pain we get a little lower
  • Every time we watch some clod try to search for wife over 8 week arch on TV we get a little lower
  • Every time we tune into to see what Kim, Khloe, Brody or Paris are doing for dinner we get a little lower
  • Every time we spit on congressman or call a civil rights hero a nigger we get a little lower
  • Every time we trip the swishy band fag we get a little lower
  • Every time we protest outside a dead soldiers funeral we get a little lower
  • Every time we don't vote we get a little lower
  • Every time we walk past a homeless person and feel nothing we get lower
  • Every time we turn the TV off rather than see what is happening in Haiti we get a little lower
  • Every time we laugh at someone who stutters, limps or is not a pretty as we think we are we get a little lower

I could go on but you get my point; we have become a very coarse and less caring society and I am guilty as anyone else. I have a lot of work to do on myself and from time to time I may ask for some advise or assistance with my often overwhelming failings. But I have to try.

http://neighborsofeaston.blogspot.com/2010/03/circus.html

No comments:

Post a Comment