I came across this while procrastinating writing another piece for here and one for View From the Third Floor.
Vanity Fair writer and all around big thinker Christopher Hitchens has published the following. I think he spot on with this.
From Christopher Hitchens: Ten Commandments For The Twenty-First Century
1. Do not condemn people on the basis of their ethnicity or their color.
2. Do not even think about using people as private property.
3. Despise those who use violence or the threat of it in sexual relations.
4. Hide your face and weep if you dare to harm a child.
5. Do not condemn people for their inborn nature.
6. Be aware that you too are an animal and dependent upon the web of nature.
7. Do not imagine that you can escape judgment if you rob people with a false prospectus.
8. Turn off that fucking cell phone.
9. Denounce all Jihadists and Crusaders for what they are: psychopathic criminals with ugly delusions and terrible sexual repressions.
10. Be willing to renounce any god if any holy commandment should contradict any of the above
What do you think?