Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Vote For Congress

Election day sometimes gives us a choice of voting for the lesser of two evils.  Sometimes voting is like pissing in the wind - you get relief but you also get wet.

This year I just can't do it.  I can't just vote for a Democrat because I think he is the lesser of two evils in the 15th district Congressional race.

The incumbent is Charlie Dent who has shown no signs of leadership or effectiveness though he did pass legislation to name a building after a beloved local Federal Judge.  

Congressman Dent introduced  legislation to strip the citizenship of Anwar Awlaki an American born Muslim Cleric who was hell bent on the destroying this country.  My Congressman could not get enough of his congressional peers to support this bill.

Think about that fact; Charlie Dent could not convince enough politicians (opportunist all) to support a bill to strip the citizenship of the most hated man in America.  

His Democratic opponent is Rich Daugherty; a local pol who has does not seem to be trying very hard or really care if he wins or not.

I have decided to write in myself for Congress. 

 I have to look at myself in the mirror on Wednesday and I have to know I did the right thing.  I can't send Charlie Dent back to Congress and I can't send Rick Daugherty to Congress.

I am writing in Donald C. Flad Jr for Congress in the 15th Congressional District 


No comments:

Post a Comment