Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful

I am thankful for the following
· Guy has been here to support me and make the ups and downs less harsh for more than 25 years
· My family puts up with all this nonsense for more than 50 years
· My sister is rounding the bend and the finish line is in site –
· I have a job
· The support of co-workers and friends showed my brother and our entire family after Mike died
· I live in a great neighborhood in a great small city in a great area
· Some really good old friends and some really good newish friends
· Adderall works
· Barack & Michelle Obama are in the White House
· Joe & Jill Biden are in the Naval Observatory
· Hillary Clinton has the biggest office in Foggy Bottom and her husband is still working to make the world a better place
· Whereas I am still saddened by his death I am thankful that my old friend Teddy Kennedy worked so hard to make this a better country
· Lou Dobbs is off the air
· That most people who read books by the likes of Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin never really read them.
· Few people consider the people listed above to be serious thinkers
· I am able to write things and people read them
· I am an American Citizen
· JoePa
· That I can change the channel every time Joe Lieberman is on
· Twitter and to a lesser extent Facebook
· I can use words in conversation that some people do not understand
· I have a health care plan (not great but better than nothing)
· Frank Rich, Maureen Dowd and Tom Friedman of the NYT and Joan Walsh of Salon
· I will have more than enough to eat tomorrow and that I had the common sense to contribute to every red kettle
· I may not be as well off as I was 3 years ago but I am in a much better place than so many people around

Best wishes to one and all this holiday season. Eat well, drink sensibly, drive sober, love your family, hold your friends closely and share what you can with those who will be hurting and needing this season.

Peace

Donald Flad Jr

1 comment:

  1. Donald
    You have a lot to be thankful for ( as we all do)

    My wife had to return to Cincinatti this week for the funeral of her uncle - its a trip that will be bitter sweet for her - on the up side of her visit she will get to spend thanksgiving with our Son and Daughter / Grandson and their respective spouses.

    May you and your small band of loyal denziens have a wonderful thanksgiving.

    Regards
    TBD

    ReplyDelete