Keep Calm and Carry On
In 1939 the British Government plastered this slogan on posters all over London to help keep the spirits of the British people high during some of the darkest days of WWII.
Attention liberals and other supporters of our President; to you I say "Keep Calm and Carry On" "Stay Fired Up!"
There is no question that our President was clearly not the winner of the first debate and I suspect some money poured into the Romney campaign as a result and the Democrats are going to have focus a little harder on some of the swing states. But, one debate is not a game changer especially since there was no smack down by Romney.
The former Governor was simply more on his game than was the President.
Romney may have won the night but Barack Obama won the day after.
- The fact checkers were out in full force yesterday and to a person they debunked much of what Romney said
- Even conservatives noted that Romney positions Wednesday differed greatly from his positions he has taken over the last 18 months
- Romney was called rude, a bully and overbearing by many in the chattering class
- There was almost as much post debate discussion about the moderator as there was the debate itself
- Romney was roundly mocked for wanting to fire Big Bird as an example of how he will solve our nation's massive debt problems. For the record PBS receives no direct funding from the federal government. The money goes directly to the local stations and the amount of the budget that will be saved by cutting this subsidy is 0.012%. Not much of an impact is it? Of all the things Romney could think of to cut spending the best he could do was PBS?
- The President was greeted by 30,000 people at his rally in Madison yesterday
- There are two more debates to come and this President is famous for his 4th quarter come back skills
Keep Calm and Carry On people one debate will not win this race for Romney and one debate will not lose this race for Obama and one debate will not lose this race for the future of this country.