Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Presidential interview re-cap

From one of my must read blogs www.towleroad.com
Hat tip to Queers United: In a 45-minute interview with reporters from the Roman Catholic media that happened before the holiday weekend, President Obama summed up his views on gay rights and his faith:
"For the gay and lesbian community in this country, I think it's clear that they feel victimized in fairly powerful ways and they're often hurt by not just certain teachings of the Catholic Church, but the Christian faith generally. And as a Christian, I'm constantly wrestling with my faith and my solicitude and regard and concern for gays and lesbians."
The "God & Country" blogger for U.S. News & World Report says:
"Religious folks, cultural conservatives included, will appreciate that Obama takes his faith seriously enough that he's struggling with how to reconcile it with his commitment to gays and lesbians. Social liberals and the LGBT community will appreciate that he's unequivocal about that commitment."

- I do hope and pray that my President will do what he knows is right and just.

No comments:

Post a Comment