Monday, July 13, 2009

Say a prayer for Judge Sotomayer

I was going to write about why we need to support our small cities and their downtown's and I will do that next (or soon).

While surfing this morning I began watching the coverage of the Sotomayor confirmation hearings. I truly love this stuff. I am a politics / history / news junky.

I turned it off after only the second opening statement. The first was by the committee chairman Partrick Leahy. He is a blow hard and a grand stander with the best of the them but I agree with him so it was just a little less painful than putting my hand on hot burner.

Then came Sen. Jeff Sessions of the great state of Alabama. He has a long history of racist comments and using that bias against the citizens of his great state when he was AG. His racist background kept him off the Appeals Court when he was nominated some years ago. He was rejected by the Senate. Of course, his racist background and actions were not so bad as to keep the voters of the great state of Alabama from electing him to the Senate. When he began his opening statement full of not very clever swipes and sneering sanctimonious double speak, I could not take it. Running rusty hot pokers through my ears began to seem like a pleasure.

Judge Sotmayor must sit there and listen to these whores drone on and on in 10 minute clips. She cannot respond, she is allowed to only sit there with a smile on her face while a pack of unctuous, pampered, out-of-touch frauds sit in judgement of her and try to tell her how to vote on the court.

I fear if I listened to Arlen Specter I would have grabbed a bottle of Jack, put a bandanna on my head, worn a pair of camouflage pants, ripped off my shirt, walked calmly to the church tower of Central Moravian Church and preformed an AK47 throw down so huge that even Bobby Flay would would not want to compete against it.

I am now watching Rachel Ray talk about a eating disorder that people obsess with eating too healthy.

May G-D bless this great republic and save it from the United States Congress, specifically the Senate this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment