Thursday, July 9, 2009

An Update

Going to work is still kind of emotionally draining. There are still so many people who have not had a chance to express his or her sympathy about Mike. I am grateful that so many people loved Mike and I am willing to discuss things with them. I suspect in the long run it is helping with my grieving process but it is very draining.

To a person everyone has told me how lucky Mike was to be part of my family. Everyone loved my parents. They thought Sister and husband were just great. Loved the nieces and think Guy walks on water. But the parents made the biggest impression.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate everyone's kind words and expressions of concern about my brother and the loss of Mike. I have become the vessel for the grief, shock and loss everyone is feeling about Mike.

I can think of no better role for me.

Sometimes I think I am talking about it too much and it is getting in the way of my work ethic. But really, I am comforted by the attention. It can be exhausting but, I would be resentful if it did not occur. I suppose my emotions are still raw.

Took brother out to dinner, it was time well spent.

I promise more of the usual discussion of politics but I need to get through this, though I will never get over it,

No comments:

Post a Comment