Friday, June 5, 2009

Ms. Dowd if you're nasty

It has been two weeks and no Maureen Dowd, one would think that the Sotomayor nomination would have brought out the best in her. Much as I enjoy reading most of the NYT op eds, the only one I crave is Maureen Dowd.

Yes. Frank Rich often speaks for me, Paul Krugman makes sense almost every time, David Brooks does not offend for a conservative and Tom Friedman taught me a lot about foriegn policy (I am forgiving him for assisting in the lead up to the Bush war of choice). Some of our local columnists are great reads. No one and I mean no one sets my intellectual loins afire like Maureen Dowd.

From time to time over the years I have e-mailed Ms. Dowd but they all turn out to read like a 13 year old girl who just found the e-mail for Joe Jonas.
Is she writing a new book,? Is she just exhausted from twice weekly fits of brilliance? Does she have excessive vacation time? Is she just avoiding me?

All I know is that this is just so hard on me.

Only two more days til Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. I Agree!!! Ms Dowd rules. I often copy her columns and hand them out to friends and co-workers wether they want them or not.

    ReplyDelete