Saturday, June 20, 2009

Iran made me change what I was going to write about

Took a soggy walk to the Apollo for a late Saturday lunch. It was flawless as usual.

I was going to write about why I like living in downtown Bethlehem.

We got home and could not think of anything to watch on TV so we turned on CNN.

Compelling coverage of the days events in Iran. I have been following a few twitter feeds that may be from Iran.

A rumor on CNN about the helicopters dropping a liquid on the protesters and that it is burning people. Could they really be dropping acid on their own people? I can see the leaders calling for such action, anything to hold on to power. But, how can the regular soldier do something like that? I hope it is not true.

The clerics are behaving like the Shah. Will it dawn on them that they have become no better or even worse? Since they claim to speak for G-d I do not think they will. In 1979 when the Shah was using brutal repression to hold on to power the US government was accused of paying the bills. Partially true I am sure. This time the Chinese and the Russian's are paying for this repression and violence against the people of Iran. Will they pay the price we did?

Ignore the horse shit coming out of the mouths of the GOP led by John McCain. The response from the President of the United States is correct and don't let any right wing extremist convince you that it is not. Thank G-d Obama won otherwise the McCain administration may be preparing for another round of invading a country that did not attack us first.

I will write my original post about living in downtown Bethlehem some other time

In the meantime pray, think about, support in anyway you can the people of this planets oldest civilization.

1 comment:

  1. I was drawn to the events also. Watching bravery of the Iranian people in real time was historic.

    ReplyDelete