Monday, June 22, 2009

Obsessions

What I am watching closely:
  • Iran - Reform is not going to clean or easy but it is going to happen. A well educated people will not be held back
  • The Brooke Astor will trial - Why this? Every Sunday the first section of the Times that I read is the Style section. I still miss seeing Mrs. Astor on those pages. For more than 40 years she was the Grande Dame of New York. She was loved and beloved by the great and the not so great. She used the old money she received from her late husband to really improve her city. To see the end of her life become so sordid and ugly really moved and affected me in a way that it hard to explain but it just did. Now her son and her lawyer are on trial for changing her will because she was not going to leave enough money to the son's wife. Mrs. Astor's son was exposed by his own son. If she were alive, Mrs. Astor would be humiliated by the sordid nature of all of this
  • The PA budget battle and how real gambling may come to PA because people are so distracted by this budget show down their attention is taken away from anything else
  • BASD - What a train wreck. From the financial mismanagement by Supt. Lewis and his staff to having meetings in Ms. Leeson's home. I think her bad press hurt Jay's race for council. I am thankful he lost, it was the highlight of my primary night

Those are few my news obsessions, all over the board but not boring (at least not to me). What are you obsessing over?

By the way if you get a chance read Peggy Noonan's WSJ column about Obama and Iran.

No comments:

Post a Comment