Monday, September 7, 2009

My Head Hurts

It was a weird week. A fitting ending to a crappy summer. The weather was lousy for much of the summer. I really did not do anything interesting. We had a painful death in the family that I have not even begun to recover from. We have not been into the city since Easter. Work is work. We never got around to seeing some friends I was determined to see. And, someone who I think can be a great President blew the good will and the hopes of the American people.


This summer was truly the politcal silly season, really it was the polical insane season. We had people on medicare not wanting the government's involvement in their medical choices. We had truly one of the dumbest people on the planet today controlling the national debate while she can't control her own life nor could she control the high school drop out stud muffin that is her daughter's baby daddy.


We had people debate the birth of the President. We had people bring guns to Presidential events. We had known drug abusesrs with multiple marriages moralizing to us from the airwaves and winning the debate (for now). We had people biting the fingers off of people at congressional townhall meetings. We had a woman call a left handed, gay Jew a Nazi and people were critical of him for being rude to her. I can't even read the comments on The Daily Beast without getting thobbing headaches.

I could go on and on but you get the point.


What happened to all the hope? How do I break the ennui that I find setting in? All of my friends know that my glass is half empty but after these last few months there may be powder at the bottom of the glass.

I want my hope back.

No comments:

Post a Comment