Saturday, November 23, 2013

Share Your Story About President Kennedy's Death & Funeral

I was 4 years old so my memory of President Kennedy's assassination is not very extensive.

Apparently as a child I used play with my mother's pots and pans a lot and I guess I had them out and in front of the TV watching Julia Child.

I remember my mother rushing to the front of the TV and then she started to cry not weeping but really crying.  I knew that a tissue would not do the job so I remember grabbing a dish towel and handing it to her.

Other than that I just remember my parents being glued to the TV and black and white flickering images.

The New York Times assembles an interesting cross section of Americans to share what they remember of that fateful day.

Where were you that day/weekend?  What do you remember about it?


If you are too young to have a memory what did your older family members tell you about that time?

Share your stories in the comments.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment