Monday, August 26, 2013

Linda Ronstadt is Silenced

One of the great voices of the last 50 years Linda Ronstadt has announced that Parkinson's Disease has destroyed her ability to sing.  Ms. Ronstadt's voice often woke me up in the morning and helped me fall asleep during my teenage years.

Linda Ronstadt in a Boy Scout Uniform

She could sing anything & everything. And, she did. And, she did it well.  She had a great country voice, she should rock with the best of them, her Spanish albums are brilliant and her take on the American Songbook was classic and above and beyond any other pop stars attempt to sing Gershwin and his peers.

This is sad news.

.


3 comments:

  1. This is sad,although I am glad you informed me. Like you, I was in love with her voice for much of the 70s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading & commenting - I'll have to go back and find some her music. It is sad but so many folks around our age have many fond memories of Linda.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete