Thursday, August 8, 2013

With or Without Hillary

One of the things I cared most about during the Bethlehem's mayoral Democratic primary was that we needed to elect a Mayor who would take the forward momentum nurtured by John Callahan and continue to run with it.  The results of the primary left me with little hope and the addition of an independent candidate has left me with even less hope (I spent time on his web-site).

Throughout my political life I have always embraced change and challenged the powers that be.  I often supported the upstart challenger (though not always) but I usually draw the line at challenging a competent incumbent.

A few months ago I blogged about Hillary Clinton telling us to piss off and deciding not to run for President. Then, who would I support?  I have been giving this a lot of thought and I have evolved to a point in my thinking that even if Hillary does run I may not support her in the primary.  Is Hillary Clinton the right person to move us forward?  Is she the candidate of change?  Can she be the candidate of change?

Don't get me wrong I believe in Hillary Clinton and my support and affection for her is as strong now as it was in 2008.  But, can she be the candidate of moving us forward?

If not Hillary than whom?

Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has captured my imagination and I am doing what I can to learn about him.  From time to time I will share what I learn.  In the mean time here is a link to his website,

http://www.martinomalley.com/

.

No comments:

Post a Comment