Thursday, August 8, 2013

Apparently Gore Vidal Had Sex

I adored Gore Vidal!..........

I know I know it may be an over the top kind of statement but I did.

I think I read every novel (I could be wrong) his essays about the world in which he lived were at times out there but I rarely disagreed with his premise and his television appearances were legendary.

I grew up on Gore Vidal.

I read "The City and the Pillar" during my coming out process and even though it was written in 1947 it was startling in is frankness and oddly I found it comforting.  I knew it was not going to be easy but I had to be me.

Do yourself a favor and watch "The Best Man" he wrote the screen play based on his play.

I could write for days about the impact Gore Vidal had on our culture, our art, our movies, our theater and my life, and I may at another time.

In November "In Bed With Gore Vidal - Hustlers, Hollywood and the Private Life of an American Master" will be published. Apparently the book details Mr. Vidal's sex life; something he refused to discuss.

Do we really need to know?

Will I buy the book?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07/31/how-gay-was-gore-vidal.html

I may.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment